Monday, January 12, 2009

Little Notes


So I can’t remember how long it has actually been going on now but for some time little notes have been appearing everywhere around the shop. What do these notes say? Well it is actually quite vulgar and I don’t think it is very funny but everyone else around here thinks it’s freakin hilarious. “Blake Is Gay”, no I am not coming out of the closet, that’s what the notes say, “Blake Is Gay”. They show up everywhere, in the dust that has gathered on furniture, on the back of the break room door, I just found one written on a piece of tape and stuck to the inside of the fridge door, they are everywhere. It all started when we used to write that the other person was gay on whatever project that person was working on, you know if they were sanding a door we would write it on the door in pencil and they would just sand it off. Sounds kind of juvenile? We tend to operate on about a fifth grade level around here. So it kept going back and forth for a while, then I got bored with it and stopped doing it, but some people around this place can’t get over it and just keep on writing it everywhere. I used to erase it whenever I saw it, but of course that just made things worse. Then it started showing up in more places than I could keep track of, it was written on boards being sent up to the job site, on paperwork that goes next door, they even made a coaster and engraved it onto the coaster. I think it has just become an inside joke kind of thing now because I stopped caring about a month ago and it is still going on. Well at least I think it’s a joke, because I don’t think I am gay. I’m not attracted to men. Maybe they want me to be gay? Maybe it is because they are gay and want me to join the team? Whatever reason, the notes still show up everywhere and I don’t think they are going to stop anytime soon. So I will take this time and say that I am sorry to all the dudes out there who are gay (not that there’s anything wrong with that) but this hunka hunka of burnin love is taken, by a woman. I know, I can hear the teardrops hitting the keyboards now but I am sorry I don’t ever intend on changing.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what advertisments this post brings up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gay google ads on the side bar are really helping out your argument Blake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blake, are you sure you're not gay?

    ReplyDelete